26
Sep
2015

Insurgency Linux Dedicated Server fixed!

So after trying everything – redownloading files, trying to run the server on other machines, etc, I have finally got the server up and running again. Here is what I did:

  • I deleted the ./insurgency/bin folder and redownloaded the files after doing another full redownload. This gave a bunch more messages before eventually going into Segmentation fault.
  • I copied steamclient.so into the ./insurgency folder from the SteamCLI install. This got rid of all the previous errors I was having where it couldn’t find the file (for some stupid reason) and the server launched and ran normally.

Finally! It seems that the Linux version needs an additional install step involving this steamclient.so file. Weird! I hope this helps some of you out, I had a tough time finding anything online about this problem!

Insurgency Dedicated Server for Linux: Segfault update 1
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB: Bad sectors!

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.